User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Balancing a cigar smoking too hot

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,104
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Balancing a cigar smoking too hot


    0 Not allowed!

    Hopefully someone might have an idea for this, but Ive never seen anything mentioned.

    I had a noticeably under-filled short Churchill yesterday which to keep lit had to be smoked too hot resulting in the typical unpleasant bitterness.

    Is there anything you can drink or eat whilst smoking one of these cigars to balance that taste or should I be less cheap and toss them?!

    Logically youd add acid to balance that in food so would this be a case for the balsamic vinegar on the tongue or a not too sweet lemon drink?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    927
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    1 Not allowed!

    Balance it by smoking one that's too tight.

    Probably best to accept frequent relight than to overheat drawing in it like mad.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium.
    Posts
    6,622
    Blog Entries
    25
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kickback View Post
    Balance it by smoking one that's too tight.

    Probably best to accept frequent relight than to overheat drawing in it like mad.
    An usual problem but this Kickback's response sound reasonable.
    Was it a Cuban?
    Simon Bolivar: Liberator of Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru & Venezuela.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Yea only way is to smoke it slowly and take breaks in between puffs.

    A good way to fix a hot cigar that is normally filled is to try to blow out with a flame infront of the cigar, it's called purging the cigar, this sometimes turns a cigar around, normally try this during the last half or last third

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium.
    Posts
    6,622
    Blog Entries
    25
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackdaniels View Post
    Yea only way is to smoke it slowly and take breaks in between puffs.

    A good way to fix a hot cigar that is normally filled is to try to blow out with a flame in front of the cigar, it's called purging the cigar, this sometimes turns a cigar around, normally try this during the last half or last third
    I do purge, when it starts to get ho tor bitter but I have never tried it with a flame, guess I'll have to try it.
    Simon Bolivar: Liberator of Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru & Venezuela.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    190
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    What does the flame do? I purge if I need to relight but like Simon, never tried it with a flame in front.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,104
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    What does the flame do? I purge if I need to relight but like Simon, never tried it with a flame in front.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Theoretically meant to burn off something to improve the effect of the purge, I purge if I feel the cigar turning if that doesn't work grab a lighter and repeat sometimes it works to remove bitter notes but normally I can't tell the difference. Not sure if that's my technique, it's all in my head or what!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    190
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Balancing a cigar smoking too hot


    0 Not allowed!

    Only one way to find out I guess!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    They claim there is a build up of something as you are smoking the cigar and when you purge when blowing with the flame in front it gets rid of this. The flame turns reddish pink when I do it and it does make a difference to me but it might just be psychological

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wallington, Surrey
    Posts
    19,534
    Mentioned
    723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackdaniels View Post
    They claim there is a build up of something as you are smoking the cigar and when you purge when blowing with the flame in front it gets rid of this. The flame turns reddish pink when I do it and it does make a difference to me but it might just be psychological
    Combustion fumes
    'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •