User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Cigar ageing according to Club Oenologigue

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium.
    Posts
    6,622
    Blog Entries
    25
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Cigar ageing according to Club Oenologigue


    0 Not allowed!

    Just found this page. 1/ Surprised about the NC's mentions. 2/ Horrified with these prices. 3/ Although Temp is mentioned, humidity isn't, when it's far more important in long term ageing of cigars, IMHO.
    Can anyone find something useful/interesting here? Anyone tempted to try a 450 stick? Clue about their price inflation is the Cuaba, usually E30, estimated 150-200 for two hrs smoking; if you smoke like the Flying Scotsman!.


    https://cluboenologique.com/story/ho...oQcAGBilWiFxGM
    Simon Bolivar: Liberator of Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru & Venezuela.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    London, North
    Posts
    5,220
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    1 Not allowed!

    "Cigars with darker, heavier leaves and bolder blends will be better candidates for long-term ageing" so don't age Funadores or La Reina or then?
    .--
    I think I may finally have this CAD under control...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    5,822
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Bolivar View Post
    Just found this page. 1/ Surprised about the NC's mentions. 2/ Horrified with these prices. 3/ Although Temp is mentioned, humidity isn't, when it's far more important in long term ageing of cigars, IMHO.
    Can anyone find something useful/interesting here? Anyone tempted to try a 450 stick? Clue about their price inflation is the Cuaba, usually E30, estimated 150-200 for two hrs smoking; if you smoke like the Flying Scotsman!.


    https://cluboenologique.com/story/ho...oQcAGBilWiFxGM
    Well, I would gladly sell them my Diademas for that price, lol!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium.
    Posts
    6,622
    Blog Entries
    25
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by gojira View Post
    Well, I would gladly sell them my Diademas for that price, lol!
    Me too Mike! I wonder what the Auction record is for a single NC?
    Simon Bolivar: Liberator of Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru & Venezuela.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium.
    Posts
    6,622
    Blog Entries
    25
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by ha_banos View Post
    "Cigars with darker, heavier leaves and bolder blends will be better candidates for long-term ageing" so don't age Funadores or La Reina or then?
    The usual phrase is, 'Full bodied cigars' but as we know ERDM, LGC & H.Upmann's can age exquisitely.
    Simon Bolivar: Liberator of Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru & Venezuela.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by gojira View Post
    Well, I would gladly sell them my Diademas for that price, lol!
    I'll do mine at a discount.... 100 each!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    2,061
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Not even a Boli Coronas gigantes in the pic, it’s a Davidoff series d’oro

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    5,822
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by mcdee View Post
    I'll do mine at a discount.... 100 each!
    Hahaha!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •