Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Use your common sense

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ha_banos View Post
    Wonder what the next 50 years holds.....
    You're thinking that far ahead? Impressed!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Iím not sure what anyone is expecting, but paying 70% plus of the working populations wages for up to 6 months will need paying for. It was our beloved Mayor, Mr Kahn, who chose to extend the hours of the congestion and increase it to £15 per day, just like it was he who bought the ULEZ expansion forward to 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Going to take at least 3 generations to pay off this bill

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Not allowed!

The situation really has shown the complete inability of those in charge when for once they canít blame everything else or try and avoid responsibility (hard as they try to). Canít say any of the other major parties down south have shown anything much better though during this and somehow Boris proved theyíre much worse without him when he was ill than than with him which is something I never expected to say!

Yes it will need paying for but maybe itís time to properly look at society for where the wealth really is and reassess where an increase in taxation should come from.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jerryr View Post
    I’m not sure what anyone is expecting, but paying 70% plus of the working populations wages for up to 6 months will need paying for. It was our beloved Mayor, Mr Kahn, who chose to extend the hours of the congestion and increase it to £15 per day, just like it was he who bought the ULEZ expansion forward to 2020

If you read the terms of the financing deal he had to accept from central government , those were the conditions attached the to financial rescue package. The rescue package was needed chiefly due to the fact they they have not been charging fares during the lockdown. Had he not accepted those terms then TFL is bust and there is no Public Transport in the capital. You have to question those conditions being attached by the government at the exit time that they are supposedly encouraging people to avoid public transport. Then to see the concerted start of a social media campaign to attack his running of the transport system , especially by Shaun Bailey and you can see its the start of the campaign in the run up to the mayoral elections
    "I know I said that I wouldn't buy more cigars for a while..........but these were a bargain !!"

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    If you read the terms of the financing deal he had to accept from central government , those were the conditions attached the to financial rescue package. The rescue package was needed chiefly due to the fact they they have not been charging fares during the lockdown. Had he not accepted those terms then TFL is bust and there is no Public Transport in the capital. You have to question those conditions being attached by the government at the exit time that they are supposedly encouraging people to avoid public transport. Then to see the concerted start of a social media campaign to attack his running of the transport system , especially by Shaun Bailey and you can see its the start of the campaign in the run up to the mayoral elections
    Hate to say it but Iím not a fan of mayor Kahn. He deserves everything he gets, he has done his best to destroy my industry in favour of companies breaking the law with unlimited funds fuelling a race to the bottom of the taxi and private hire trade. Which ultimately serves no one.