Thread: King of Cuban short smokes?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Adamsmokes View Post
    The only thing with the Reyes is that for the same price I usually end up going for a petite corona, but I have never been dissapointed by them, or with any Trinidad actually- I love the band as well!
    Yes, the age old dilema cost versus brand & size of smoke. If you're paying UK prices the difference isn't insignificant. To me Trini's & Cohiba's are never going to be everyday smokes but brands to chose on extra special days, then you don't have to think about th ecost as much & justisfy the extra flav is worth for th eday you chose to smoke it on. I find the Reyes very attractive,esceially in it vlittle varnish abient. THey do lend themselves to a quiet half & an hour with a coffee & not to strong to have miud morning witht he papers. I do agree age changes these, again if you are just picking up a couple of singles in the UK, you're probably not going to be able to appreciate that so perhaps best to go for the other brands mentioned that smoke well fresh.

One of my first cab's was a Reyes so I have a soft spot for them but perhaps it's telling I never bought another although I have several boxes of Coloniales & Vigias. I have several Fundies but never brought a box, not coz I don't love them but I am just not in that league!
    Simon Bolivar: Liberator of Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru & Venezuela.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

The ERDM DT has been a recent discovery, absolutely wonderful morning smoke.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    The ERDM DT has been a recent discovery, absolutely wonderful morning smoke.
    How are they young or do they need some time on their side ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know I said that I wouldn't buy more cigars for a while..........but these were a bargain !!"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ERDM DT's always benefit with some age, 2-3yrs make a difference, 5yrs plus they are grand, 20yrs+ bliss! Smoke what you can get & keep a few back to age.
    Simon Bolivar: Liberator of Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru & Venezuela.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    I was going to say that they are smoking great out of the box (late 19 code), but then I saw what Simon said and may have to slow my consumption down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Bolivar View Post
    ERDM DT's always benefit with some age, 2-3yrs make a difference, 5yrs plus they are grand, 20yrs+ bliss! Smoke what you can get & keep a few back to age.