User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: My First Cabinet of Cohiba's and its Mouldy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My First Cabinet of Cohiba's and its Mouldy!

0 Not allowed!

Hi Guys

I ordered 1st ever cabinet 10 days ago and i was really chuffed as i had taken a vital step in any BOTLs life - My first Cab!!

Then the snow hit and joy turned to despair as i thought that my order would be lost in all the chaos.

Well finally today my order arrived and i was pleased to bits when my wife told me as i was coming through the door.

Feeling like a kid in a candy shop and a child unwrapping their 1st christmas present all rolled into one, I went about slowly unwrapping my order with a huge grin on my face.

But when i got to the crucial bit and opened the cab and removed the cedar sheet, i felt like i had been hit with a sledge hammer and my once huge grin was now a huge face of disappointment.

The Cohiba Robustos that i had so happily ordered and had waited for eagerly had mould on them. Ans not just a few specs of mouldy and a whole lot of spores.

The box code is LRE ABR 10, from what i can deduce and from my limited experience these are genuine CoRos. They box was packed real well, vacum packed with a boveda pack in it. So how mould got a hold is bewildering to me.

Im not sure what to do, any advice from fellow BOTLs is greatly welcome. I will be emailing the shop were i bought them from to see what they say.

Unfortunately this puts a huge spanner in the works as i was hoping to enjoy these over the festive season.

regards
    Mo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

if the dealer is reputable they will replace them or refund you. If they won't, then they're not worth buying anything from ever again. How was the box wrapped at point of posting? air tight bag? any seller worth their weight would have checked them before posting. email them and let us know the outcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

It was vacum packed barney, they give you the choice of having this done at checkout so i thought it would be good to keep the cigars fresh along with the boveda pack.

Will be contacting them in the morning to see what they have to say, as im pissed tbh.

Mo

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I'm sure the dealer will sort this out for you, let them know and they will take care of it.

NB - The mould may well just brush off (but I'd wait to speak to the vendor before touching them)

Personally I wouldn't use an airtight container (vacpac) and a humidifying device (bovida) as any fluctuation in temp (travel in extreme temps) can lead to massive swings in humidity and subsequently mould.

For me vac pac is fine but I wouldn't add humidifying to it.

Don't be too disheartened ...these things can happen, you'll get a new box and may even get to keep the old ones

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by monkey66 View Post
    Personally I wouldn't use an airtight container (vacpac) and a humidifying device (bovida) as any fluctuation in temp (travel in extreme temps) can lead to massive swings in humidity and subsequently mould.

For me vac pac is fine but I wouldn't add humidifying to it.
    Exactly! No air flow/oxygen + over humidification = mould.

Quote Originally Posted by monkey66 View Post
    you'll get a new box and may even get to keep the old ones
    …mmm… I doubt it, if it was purchased from a discounter… the cigars still look fine, I'm sure the taste won't be affected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Ouch. Mind sharing who you got them from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jibjob79 View Post
    Ouch. Mind sharing who you got them from?

I would only do that via pm's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Contact your supplier first, but I think it will just rub off and be fine. Looks more like a kind of excessive bloom and not so much a mould as such.
    I would probably put it down to packaging and temp fluctuations but think they'll be ok in the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

You can probably rub most of it off, dry them out a little, keep them separate (of course) from other cigars for a month or so until they stabilise. If the mould extends to the foot of the cigar then it may well be inside the cigar and probably a hopeless case.

Bad luck Mo, I know you were looking forward to these.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I guess i will have to put it down to a lack of experience in asking for vacum packing and a bovida pack to be put in the package.

Does anyone think that these CoRos are fake?

Just that if you look at the 3rd pic of the close bands you will see that they dont look the same and are similar to the ones Deano posted about in his thread here: http://www.ukcigarforums.com/showthr...igarforums.com

The cigars i received

Deano's pic

The bands dont match on my cigars.

Mo
    Attached Images Attached Images