escort ordu kıbrıs escort escort izmit escort bodrum escort rize escort konya escort kırklareli escort van halkalı escort escort erzurum escort sivas escort samsun escort tokat altinrehbereskisehir.com konyachad.com sakaryaehliyet.com tiktaktrabzon.com escortlarkibris.net canakkalesondaj.com kayseriyelek.com buderuskonya.com 10 assumptions for avoiding fake cigars - beginners guide - UK Cigar Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 assumptions for avoiding fake cigars - beginners guide

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 10 assumptions for avoiding fake cigars - beginners guide

    There has been a lot of discussion about identifying fake cigars. To old-hands this is a second nature practice but several years of real boxes through your hands are needed to gain the experience.

    I think I can summarise some foolproof assumptions to spot fake Cuban cigars that in my experience will be 90-99% effective (there will be a few exceptions but who wants to take a chance?). Following these rules will not guarantee legitimate cigars but it will massively reduce your chances of buying fakes.

    1. If you do not trust the supplier they are fake
    2. If they are on Gumtree they are fake
    3. If they are on Ebay they are fake
    4. If they are on Craigslist they are fake
    5. If they are half there price that they retail for in Cuba they are fake
    6. If the person supplying them claims they 'know' anyone in Cuba they are fake
    7. If they were purchased anywhere in North America they are fake (unless from a known and trusted private collector)
    8. If they were purchased anywhere in the Cuba (or the rest of the Caribbean ...or the rest of the world) not from an official source (like a LCDH or authorised Habanos retailer) they are fake
    9. If they were purchased in Cuba anywhere except an official shop they are fake
    10. If the warranty stickers are incorrect, not stuck to the box, not in the right place they are fake



    NB - I am not addressing the world of serious high-end counterfeit cigars with this guide. That is a far bigger subject but anyone buying serious cigars (at auctions etc) should be well versed on the subject.
    Originally posted by Simon Bolivar
    Little medical correction there Steve, you will surely die...but not from smoking these

    Originally posted by Ryan
    I think that's for lighting electronic cigarettes

  • #2
    Originally posted by monkey66 View Post
    There has been a lot of discussion about identifying fake cigars. To old-hands this is a second nature practice but several years of real boxes through your hands are needed to gain the experience.

    I think I can summarise some foolproof assumptions to spot fake Cuban cigars that in my experience will be 90-99% effective (there will be a few exceptions but who wants to take a chance?). Following these rules will not guarantee legitimate cigars but it will massively reduce your chances of buying fakes.

    1. If you do not trust the supplier they are fake
    2. If they are on Gumtree they are fake
    3. If they are on Ebay they are fake
    4. If they are on Craigslist they are fake
    5. If they are half there price that they retail for in Cuba they are fake
    6. If the person supplying them claims they 'know' anyone in Cuba they are fake
    7. If they were purchased anywhere in North America they are fake (unless from a known and trusted private collector)
    8. If they were purchased anywhere in the Cuba (or the rest of the Caribbean ...or the rest of the world) not from an official source (like a LCDH or authorised Habanos retailer) they are fake
    9. If they were purchased in Cuba anywhere except an official shop they are fake
    10. If the warranty stickers are incorrect, not stuck to the box, not in the right place they are fake



    NB - I am not addressing the world of serious high-end counterfeit cigars with this guide. That is a far bigger subject but anyone buying serious cigars (at auctions etc) should be well versed on the subject.

    I think you should add Ricardo to your list monk .... a minefield of dodgy cigars .... although in saying that A BOTL mate recently took a punt, got them, walked them into Davidoff Geneva who confirmed them as genuine .... full 25 box of Cuban Davidoff No 2 .... €70.
    If you want to, you can.
    And, if you can, you must!

    Comment


    • #3
      Most important is number 1,least important number 10 (we've all seen the quality of Cuban quality control)

      Comment


      • #4
        good list paul and i agree with sligub if you do not know or trust your source do not buy

        Comment


        • #5
          I take it there is rarely a bargain in the cigar world.
          Licky Licky before Sticky Sticky. - Puff Scotty 22/03/14

          Originally posted by PeeJay
          I get longing looks from guys walking past

          Originally posted by butternutsquashpie
          A purge follows a rapid puffing session.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ValeTudoGuy View Post
            I take it there is rarely a bargain in the cigar world.
            Please see post bellow bargin

            Originally posted by tippexx View Post
            although in saying that A BOTL mate recently took a punt, got them, walked them into Davidoff Geneva who confirmed them as genuine .... full 25 box of Cuban Davidoff No 2 .... ?70.

            Comment


            • #7
              Good, solid advice. This old adage serves me well, "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sligub View Post
                Please see post bellow bargin
                At ?70 for 25 I would probably buy anything on a punt, even if they were only as good as some of the worst cigars I have tried it would be close to worth it.
                Licky Licky before Sticky Sticky. - Puff Scotty 22/03/14

                Originally posted by PeeJay
                I get longing looks from guys walking past

                Originally posted by butternutsquashpie
                A purge follows a rapid puffing session.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by monkey66 View Post
                  10. If the warranty stickers are incorrect, not stuck to the box, not in the right place they are fake
                  The exception (although probably in the 'righ place' for this particular box), watch at around 4:10
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBW8zuxEigg
                  Originally posted by Simon Bolivar
                  Little medical correction there Steve, you will surely die...but not from smoking these

                  Originally posted by Ryan
                  I think that's for lighting electronic cigarettes

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Interesting nice humidor mmm


                    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    A woman is an occasional pleasure but a cigar is always a smoke

                    Groucho Marx

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Nice, although he's very awkward in front of the camera

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Edamski View Post
                        Nice, although he's very awkward in front of the camera
                        But comes across as genuine and nice!.... Anyway, so are we doing a box split on these or what?
                        Licky Licky before Sticky Sticky. - Puff Scotty 22/03/14

                        Originally posted by PeeJay
                        I get longing looks from guys walking past

                        Originally posted by butternutsquashpie
                        A purge follows a rapid puffing session.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Is that a DIY stick your own labels on jobby? I have seen it all now, they've gone far enough to put them in a box, atleast put the bloody labels on!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DannyBoy View Post
                            Is that a DIY stick your own labels on jobby? I have seen it all now, they've gone far enough to put them in a box, atleast put the bloody labels on!!
                            hahahaha
                            Licky Licky before Sticky Sticky. - Puff Scotty 22/03/14

                            Originally posted by PeeJay
                            I get longing looks from guys walking past

                            Originally posted by butternutsquashpie
                            A purge follows a rapid puffing session.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ValeTudoGuy View Post
                              But comes across as genuine and nice!.... Anyway, so are we doing a box split on these or what?
                              Ajay is widely recognised as a world class authority on vintage cigars ..and he's a nice guy :-)
                              Originally posted by Simon Bolivar
                              Little medical correction there Steve, you will surely die...but not from smoking these

                              Originally posted by Ryan
                              I think that's for lighting electronic cigarettes

                              Comment

                              antalya escort
                              aşk buyusu nedir
                              https://www.donaldsonville.org
                              Working...
                              X