Gin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
    Whitley Neil Raspberry for me at the moment with a few frozen raspberries chucked in with the ice
    That sounds refreshing John. Are you using a mixer as well?

Comment

Originally posted by K444HEP View Post
      That sounds refreshing John. Are you using a mixer as well?
      Always tonic Adam. I tried it with the aromatic tonic but it works best with plain for me.
      'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

Comment

Always tonic Adam. I tried it with the aromatic tonic but it works best with plain for me.
        I’ll have to give it a go; I’ve found the aromatic tonics a bit overpowering.

Comment

I like my gin clean and simple.

Tanqueray #10 (I like it slightly stronger)
          Monkey 47 Bulldog and The Botttanist (Bruichladdich) are my favourites.

Really enjoying the fever tree with bitters at the moment and a slice of pink grapefruit.

But will happily take a Gordon?s with lemon if offered!

I think it?s the perfect summer drink!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok so how much tonic? Straight is a bit much for me [emoji16]

3/4 tonic is too much. I'm using less and less tonic if it's a smooth gin. With a fruit or citrus is nice though rather than flavoured tonic. Angostura bitters bit can be a bit overpowering.
            .--
            I think I may finally have this CAD under control...

Comment

Originally posted by ha_banos View Post

3/4 tonic is too much. I'm using less and less tonic if it's a smooth gin. With a fruit or citrus is nice though rather than flavoured tonic. Angostura bitters bit can be a bit overpowering.
              Half and half at most! Nothing worse than going a pub and them filling the entire glass with tonic!

Comment

I probably drink it 1:3 but MLW will have hers 1:2

Comment

Originally posted by ha_banos View Post

Ah not straight! I don?t think I was clear, I meant that I don?t like it in the big balloon glasses with fancy or flavoured gins, especially not with peppercorns or burnt Rosmary wafted over it.

1:2/3 tonic is usually what I do (by eye).

The fever tree tonic has it mixed in, I tried making my own and it was a disaster. It?s just a tiny amount of bitters, but it does make it look pretty and pink [emoji23]

Comment

All spirits have to be straight for my taste no ice or tonics.

Comment

Pink grapefruit bitters from the Cotswold Distillery offer an uplift to a plain G&T that is really rather nice...
                      "Dear heart, you're talking to a man- a real man- who drinks straight Tequilla, with lime and salt on the rim, and smokes cigars" (J Zavala)

Comment

Originally posted by Emaresee View Post
                        Pink grapefruit bitters from the Cotswold Distillery offer an uplift to a plain G&T that is really rather nice...
                        Had them in a G&T in a pub with a dash of elderflower cordial as well, that worked.

Comment

I can also recommend a Bramble cocktail. 2oz regular gin, 2oz of rhubarb gin, 1oz lemon juice and an ounce of simple syrup. Shake over ice and pour into a tumbler of crushed ice. Top with an ounce of mure (blackberry liqueur)

Comment

I found this little combo quite nice,

Tanqueray 10 (2 parts) with tonic (3 parts) a bit of lime and some fresh cherries

Also tried this with gin wala gin

Comment

I can also recommend a Bramble cocktail. 2oz regular gin, 2oz of rhubarb gin, 1oz lemon juice and an ounce of simple syrup. Shake over ice and pour into a tumbler of crushed ice. Top with an ounce of mure (blackberry liqueur)
                              I do enjoy the occasional bramble though I?m particularly partial to one made with aelder elixir which is a beautiful Scottish wild elderberry liqueur in place of the mure

Comment

Originally posted by Krist View Post
                                Ah not straight! I don?t think I was clear, I meant that I don?t like it in the big balloon glasses with fancy or flavoured gins, especially not with peppercorns or burnt Rosmary wafted over it.

1:2/3 tonic is usually what I do (by eye).

The fever tree tonic has it mixed in, I tried making my own and it was a disaster. It?s just a tiny amount of bitters, but it does make it look pretty and pink [emoji23]

Love the glasses, moser by the looks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X