Wednesday 9th October 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday 9th October 2019

Great smoke, lived up to my high expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly wasn?t much flavour to the cigar

Daniel

? keep calm and smoke a cigar?

Comment

Agree on both of the above.

Im on a rass tonight. Really recommend this ipa as well. If you like fruity ipa with no bitterness.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Now I?ve no idea how old this Partagas is, but judging by the discolouration of the cellophane wrapper I think there?s more than a few years.. amazing flavours !

Comment

This Upmann monarch ?07 was lovely even if it did take most of the evening (over two hours) to smoke

Comment

October COTM tonight.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Midas View Post

Great smoke, lived up to my high expectations.

Love these, what year was yours from? I like to age my Hoyo's for 5yrs but am lucky enough to be currently smoking a cab of 50 from 2005.
              Simon Bolivar: Liberator of Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru & Venezuela.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitola View Post
                Now I?ve no idea how old this Partagas is, but judging by the discolouration of the cellophane wrapper I think there?s more than a few years.. amazing flavours !

Very interesting cigar Vitola, do you know what vitola it was? If it was one of the deleted lines, it gives you a clue of the minimum age. 20yrs old Party's can be lovely. Loving your smoking lounge BTW, looks perfect for smoking through the winter.

Comment

The gauge of the cigar was 36/38 - something possibly around belvedere size? - it was definitely one of the early standard band A - it was a lovely smoke. Thanks Simon - it has turned out to be a great place to smoke anytime of year, but especially during these cold and wet autumn nights.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Bolivar View Post
                    Love these, what year was yours from? I like to age my Hoyo's for 5yrs but am lucky enough to be currently smoking a cab of 50 from 2005.
                    Unfortunately no age on these, 2019 but I couldn?t resist cracking the box to try one. With the weather really starting to change now I?m pretty much done until next spring, a lot easier to let everything get at least some age.

Looking forward to getting PM?s so I can pick up some sticks with a bit of age.

Comment

Originally posted by Midas View Post
                      Unfortunately no age on these, 2019 but I couldn’t resist cracking the box to try one. With the weather really starting to change now I’m pretty much done until next spring, a lot easier to let everything get at least some age.

Looking forward to getting PM’s so I can pick up some sticks with a bit of age.

Sure you'll find a nice improvement by next summer. Contact me when you have PM's & I'll swap you a couple from 2005.
                      Last edited by Simon Bolivar; 11-10-2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Bolivar View Post
                        Sure you'll find a nice improvement by next summer. Contact me when you have PM's & I'll swap you a couple from 2005.
                        Very generous of you and something I?ll definitely be taking you up on!

Comment

IMG_20191012_075415.jpgIMG-20191009-WA0016.jpgIMG_20191012_075458.jpg
                          Met up with Simon and Van for a few cigars on Wednesday. The '04 RyJ Exhibition no.3s were very nice indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdee View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]34589[/ATTACH]
                            You look more nautical than sailor boy there!
                            'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

Comment

Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
                              You look more nautical than sailor boy there!
                              Ha, you're right PJ, Neil would pass for a CPO, with that flaming beard any day! Another great meet up & herfing. The R&J Ex No3 was a very pleasant change. These are middle of the road flav Havana's to me but occasionally that's a good place to be. This certainly had a fairly strong R&J profile & the last third was especially tasty (usually my least enjoyed third). Which is more than could be said for the Petit Edmundo Tubos 2011, I had afterwards. Despite some age it was very mediocre in flav, not helped by being grossly under-filled, glad I don't have a box of these; hopefully the several boxes on non-tubos I have ageing gently in the Boli' Cave are of better construction.

The only blemish on the day was the giant sized portions at the Prezzo restaurant recommended by Van (Spartan). I asked for a regular pizza & had to question if they hadn't made an error & given me the large, my mother would have served that for 4 of us! I should have left some but that wasn't the way we were brought up so I struggled on & felt over stuffed for several hrs.

Anyway off the rig in 2 weeks, when hopefully we can all meet up again.

Comment

Working...
                              X