escort ordu kıbrıs escort escort izmit escort bodrum escort rize escort konya escort kırklareli escort van halkalı escort escort erzurum escort sivas escort samsun escort tokat altinrehbereskisehir.com konyachad.com sakaryaehliyet.com tiktaktrabzon.com escortlarkibris.net canakkalesondaj.com kayseriyelek.com buderuskonya.com Slightly 'metallic' taste and smelly breath ? - UK Cigar Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slightly 'metallic' taste and smelly breath ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Slightly 'metallic' taste and smelly breath ?

    MLW commented about 4 or 5 days ago that my breath is smelling. Before you all start I don't get any complaints usually!

    I've noticed as of a couple of days ago that there's an odd almost metallic taste/sensation in my mouth. You know if you eat onion or garlic and your mouth feels odd for the day. But usually after brushing/gargling/flossing all is good the day after. But this time its persisting. Doesn't look/feel like an infection. Tongue looks normal.

    I've today started brushing and gargling after each meal to see if things go back to normal....

    Anyone else had this temporarily?

    Googling, I've got some life threatening problem and don't have long... ... so ill give it a few more days before I start with the dentist... Suffice to say I'm not going to have a smoke at least until all feels normal again!

    Stay safe,
    B.
    .--
    I think I may finally have this CAD under control...

  • #2
    Question - Do you tongue scrape and floss when brushing? Quite often there can be food particles between teeth and bacteria at the back of the tongue that could possibly be causing this?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • #3
      Hopefully unrelated but a metallic taste in the mouth could be an indication of carbon monoxide poisoning. Do you have carbon monoxide alarm?

      Comment


      • #4
        What flowers would you like. ☠️🤪


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #5
          I sometimes get sore mouth and gums especially after smoking/drinking a lot. Usually use corsodyl/cheaper generic version for a few days until it goes away, works wonders for me.

          It can alter your sense of taste apparently but I've never had any issues.

          Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • #6
            You sure are a varied lot!

            According to my dentist I have good hygiene. I do brush tongue and roof of my mouth. Did change to a electric toothbrush about 6 months ago. First time I've had an issue though... Never did floss but now wife insisting it's due to not flossing....

            We do have a carbon monoxide alarm! And we do test it!

            I think daisies are the most appropriate

            We use Colgate total mouthwash, so I guess it'll show if its any good! If not, something stronger, noted.

            Personally I blamed the custom/NCs I had recently

            Oh and I'll cut out beer for a while too. Have been drinking 1 or two tins every evening for far too long now. So will try this out too.

            Thanks for the input! 👍 All of you!

            .--
            I think I may finally have this CAD under control...

            Comment


            • #7
              Banos

              On a serious note a metallic taste and thirst can be an indicators of Diabetes, it’s also a symptom that is not uncommon in early pregnancy. Should we be congratulating you?


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • #8
                I have had a couple of occasions when I have experienced what you are experiencing.


                Have you had any pine nut's or pesto recently?

                "Eating pine nuts can occasionally cause some people to experience a bitter or metallic taste lasting from a few days up to 2 weeks"


                Are you on a low carb diet? Can also be a sign of Ketosis.

                "Keto breath produces a distinct taste or odor in the mouth that's different from ordinary halitosis or bad breath. Some people describe keto breath as having a metallic taste. In addition to a funny taste in the mouth, keto breath can be fruity-smelling or have a strong odor that's similar to nail polish remover."

                Comment


                • #9
                  My dentist said mouthwash is bad as it can upset the balance of bacteria in the mouth also it is bad especially if you use it straight after brushing. Best not to rinse your mouth after brushing either. I have a reaction to an ingredient found in many toothpastes and washes called sodium laurel sulfate it gives me a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and peeling gums for days afterwards if I use it. Have to be careful to avoid it now as seemingly it is in most toothpastes.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by JoeyGunz View Post
                    I have had a couple of occasions when I have experienced what you are experiencing.


                    Have you had any pine nut's or pesto recently?

                    "Eating pine nuts can occasionally cause some people to experience a bitter or metallic taste lasting from a few days up to 2 weeks"


                    Are you on a low carb diet? Can also be a sign of Ketosis.

                    "Keto breath produces a distinct taste or odor in the mouth that's different from ordinary halitosis or bad breath. Some people describe keto breath as having a metallic taste. In addition to a funny taste in the mouth, keto breath can be fruity-smelling or have a strong odor that's similar to nail polish remover."
                    Pesto! Had a lot of pesto in my pasta about that time! Wife did too! Will blame the pesto! ... any idea why pesto?...

                    Heh - im certainly not keto.....
                    .--
                    I think I may finally have this CAD under control...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jerryr View Post
                      Banos

                      On a serious note a metallic taste and thirst can be an indicators of Diabetes, it’s also a symptom that is not uncommon in early pregnancy. Should we be congratulating you?


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Not anywhere near diabetic from fairly recent tests. I have developed a bit of a paunch .... no. Surely not.....
                      .--
                      I think I may finally have this CAD under control...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ha_banos View Post

                        Pesto! Had a lot of pesto in my pasta about that time! Wife did too! Will blame the pesto! ... any idea why pesto?...

                        Heh - im certainly not keto.....
                        The pesto would have been loaded with Pine Nuts, I've had it before, ruined wine and cigars for me for quite a while, I'm still wary of the little bastards.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ha_banos View Post
                          MLW commented about 4 or 5 days ago that my breath is smelling. Before you all start I don't get any complaints usually!

                          I've noticed as of a couple of days ago that there's an odd almost metallic taste/sensation in my mouth. You know if you eat onion or garlic and your mouth feels odd for the day. But usually after brushing/gargling/flossing all is good the day after. But this time its persisting. Doesn't look/feel like an infection. Tongue looks normal.

                          I've today started brushing and gargling after each meal to see if things go back to normal....

                          Anyone else had this temporarily?

                          Googling, I've got some life threatening problem and don't have long... ... so ill give it a few more days before I start with the dentist... Suffice to say I'm not going to have a smoke at least until all feels normal again!

                          Stay safe,
                          B.
                          are you on low carbs? i often get that if i am on low carb/keto etc. and stinky breath is a well known side effect?
                          "Dear heart, you're talking to a man- a real man- who drinks straight Tequilla, with lime and salt on the rim, and smokes cigars" (J Zavala)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Emaresee View Post

                            are you on low carbs? i often get that if i am on low carb/keto etc. and stinky breath is a well known side effect?
                            No. Certainly not. Just had a big feast

                            I'm sure its the pesto. The timing aligns absolutely perfectly. The wife is mad because I'm blaming her cooking

                            .--
                            I think I may finally have this CAD under control...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ha_banos View Post

                              No. Certainly not. Just had a big feast

                              I'm sure its the pesto. The timing aligns absolutely perfectly. The wife is mad because I'm blaming her cooking
                              Are you sure you’re not pregnant??👶😀


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                              Comment

                              antalya escort
                              aşk buyusu nedir
                              https://www.donaldsonville.org
                              bahis siteleri
                              huluhub.com
                              Working...
                              X