escort ordu kıbrıs escort escort izmit escort bodrum escort rize escort konya escort kırklareli escort van halkalı escort escort erzurum escort sivas escort samsun escort tokat altinrehbereskisehir.com konyachad.com sakaryaehliyet.com tiktaktrabzon.com escortlarkibris.net canakkalesondaj.com kayseriyelek.com buderuskonya.com Pipe tobacco for a cigar smoker? - UK Cigar Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pipe tobacco for a cigar smoker?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pipe tobacco for a cigar smoker?

    I've had my Dad's pipe in a drawer since he passed a few years ago. I thought it might be nice to give it a smoke but am a bit lost with all the different tobaccos available. Could someone please direct me towards one suited for a cigar smoker's palette? Not too keen on aromatic tobacco and preferably something high quality and easy going. Any suggestions?

  • #2
    try early morning pipe by peterson

    there is so many to choose from its crazy. the aros are good. i enjoy an aro as its different to a cigar, a nice change of pace.so dont discount them just sample a few different ones and the majority aren't that heavily laced.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thank you, I'll pick up some. Any recommendations for an aromatic?

      Comment


      • #4
        Two tobaccos that I enjoy are Samuel Gawith’s FVF Full Virginia Flake and BBF Best Brown Flake (Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake is pure, hand stripped flue cured Virginia. It burns cool, long and gives mellowed flavours of woody, earthy dark Virginia. The Flakes are rich in colour and texture with some lighter golden flecks amongst the dark brown grain. They are quite easy to work with and once in the pipe, smoke well, requiring minimal attention to keep alight. Flavours of wood, earth, grass and a little citrus evolve to give some bread with dark dried fruit. This popular Flake tobacco deserves the good reputation it has.)
        Both medium strength and unflavoured.
        Marc

        Comment


        • #5
          Tough one that concerning pipe tobacco
          it's pesonal thing what we like and might recommend you might not like it's all trial and error in my opinion
          when I first started out was trying half ounce
          of different loose tobaccos some I liked others I dident after many years of trying diffetent tobaccosI know found what I like

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Adamsmokes View Post
            I've had my Dad's pipe in a drawer since he passed a few years ago. I thought it might be nice to give it a smoke but am a bit lost with all the different tobaccos available. Could someone please direct me towards one suited for a cigar smoker's palette? Not too keen on aromatic tobacco and preferably something high quality and easy going. Any suggestions?
            Try a sampler .... https://www.cgarsltd.co.uk/pipe-toba...3_169_591.html

            I was going to suggest Careys also but I see they are closing down

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by handlebarpipe View Post
              Two tobaccos that I enjoy are Samuel Gawith’s FVF Full Virginia Flake and BBF Best Brown Flake (Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake is pure, hand stripped flue cured Virginia. It burns cool, long and gives mellowed flavours of woody, earthy dark Virginia. The Flakes are rich in colour and texture with some lighter golden flecks amongst the dark brown grain. They are quite easy to work with and once in the pipe, smoke well, requiring minimal attention to keep alight. Flavours of wood, earth, grass and a little citrus evolve to give some bread with dark dried fruit. This popular Flake tobacco deserves the good reputation it has.)
              Both medium strength and unflavoured.
              Marc
              Reads like a Thomas Hardy novel in parts

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks chaps... that should get me started

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just to chip in, if you keep the snipped ends of cigars (if you are a snipper and not a puncher!) you can mix them with pipe tobacco to enrich the flavour, just experiment with little amounts and see what works for you.

                  In terms of pipe tobacco recommendations I would say that Gawith Hoggarth's Dark Flake is the obvious choice - no topping flavours, but a rich tobacco smoke that should work well as it has cigar undertones with it. As to a (British) aromatic, sticking with Gawith Hoggarth I think Ennerdale is hard to beat.

                  If you just need something that you can still get at most supermarkets then St Bruno should not be overlooked - it is a loved classic for good reason!
                  "The socialism I believe in is everyone working for each other, everyone having a share of the rewards. It's the way I see football, the way I see life"
                  Bill Shankly

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by captain duff View Post
                    Just to chip in, if you keep the snipped ends of cigars (if you are a snipper and not a puncher!) you can mix them with pipe tobacco to enrich the flavour, just experiment with little amounts and see what works for you.

                    In terms of pipe tobacco recommendations I would say that Gawith Hoggarth's Dark Flake is the obvious choice - no topping flavours, but a rich tobacco smoke that should work well as it has cigar undertones with it. As to a (British) aromatic, sticking with Gawith Hoggarth I think Ennerdale is hard to beat.

                    If you just need something that you can still get at most supermarkets then St Bruno should not be overlooked - it is a loved classic for good reason!
                    Thank you... I've got a few little samples, including the recommendations given.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'd try a decent English blend , avoid aromatics as imo they're shite

                      Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I can sort you a sampler if you want to dm your address mate.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          That's very kind of you mate....DM sent

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            This looks interesting...

                            https://www.cgarsltd.co.uk/robert-mc...b-p-22722.html

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ZomB View Post
                              Anyone tried it?..

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X