Rum Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simon Bolivar View Post
    Cheers Alex, that's more than enough recommendations there for me to work on!
    Plus one on the Ron Zacapa 23. Lovely stuff.

Comment

There so many good ones bur there's an awful load of horrid stuff too. Usually need to spend over ?30 a bottle for the nice sipping rums.

Comment

I bought this the other day (rum newbie myself), was lush! Available on amazon Bumbu Rum 70cl https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01K519W..._pHIJEbW2NWXF720200405_153023.jpg
        Stay smoky

Comment

Originally posted by geoffbot View Post
          I bought this the other day (rum newbie myself), was lush! Available on amazon Bumbu Rum 70cl https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01K519W..._pHIJEbW2NWXF7[ATTACH]35185[/ATTACH]
          Bumbu was my recommendation too, see page 1

It is a great rum in it’s price range in my humble opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Alexw33 View Post
            Bumbu was my recommendation too, see page 1 [emoji2]

It is a great rum in it?s price range in my humble opinion
            Yes mate - that's why I bought it, thank you!

[emoji102][emoji102][emoji23]
            Stay smoky

Comment

Originally posted by geoffbot View Post
              Yes mate - that's why I bought it, thank you!

[emoji102][emoji102][emoji23]
              Well I thought great minds and all that. Just because it was based on my recommendation I take no responsibility for resultant alcohol consumption if you’re enjoying it a little too much.

Comment

Well I thought great minds and all that. Just because it was based on my recommendation I take no responsibility for resultant alcohol consumption if you?re enjoying it a little too much.
                I'm a scotch man and that goes down quite well, but rum is lethal. Drank a third of a bottle with ease.
                Stay smoky

Comment

Thread resurrection...

It’s a bit more than ?20 but bumbu is a good place to start I think
                  I've never been a big drinker of dark spirits and purchased a bottle of No.7 in Cuba last year and it's pretty much taken all year to drink as was a bit harsh for my taste-buds.

However, I've taken a punt on a bottle of this Bumbu and it's absolutely delicious !!! The banana flavour literally slapped me in the face when I opened the bottle.

This is unlikely to last the week let alone a year I love the cork 'pop' you get too. Very well recommended.

Comment

If you get given Lambs Navy Spiced Rum (like I was recently) do yourself a favour and pour it straight down the sink. Disgusting stuff. 😵

Comment

Originally posted by Kickback View Post
                      If you get given Lambs Navy Spiced Rum (like I was recently) do yourself a favour and pour it straight down the sink. Disgusting stuff. 😵
                      Hah - I’m guessing a lot of the supermarket rums aren’t the best tasting.

This could be another slippery slope !!!

Comment

Originally posted by gav_sw20 View Post
                        Thread resurrection...

I've never been a big drinker of dark spirits and purchased a bottle of No.7 in Cuba last year and it's pretty much taken all year to drink as was a bit harsh for my taste-buds.

However, I've taken a punt on a bottle of this Bumbu and it's absolutely delicious !!! The banana flavour literally slapped me in the face when I opened the bottle.

This is unlikely to last the week let alone a year I love the cork 'pop' you get too. Very well recommended.
                        I’m glad you like it, it’s a very good drink and although slightly more than £20 it’s well worth it in my opinion and in the world of “premium” rums is very well priced.

Comment

I’m glad you like it, it’s a very good drink and although slightly more than £20 it’s well worth it in my opinion and in the world of “premium” rums is very well priced.
                          I think it’s a bargain for £30 if I’m honest with you. Six beers down my local cost the same amount and I know what I’d rather have with a cigar.

Will look to check some others out too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kickback View Post
                            Ha! My Dad poured me one of those which I nearly spat out! I wouldn't mind but I'd taken a bottle of Havana Club 7 there with me.

Comment

Originally posted by gav_sw20 View Post

I think it’s a bargain for £30 if I’m honest with you. Six beers down my local cost the same amount and I know what I’d rather have with a cigar.

Will look to check some others out too.
                              Almost finished it and bloody £38 on Amazon now !!!

Comment

Try some Rumbullion. Available in your local supermarket for £35 and Amazon £32. Lovely flavours with a banana nose.
                                Mine's evaporating at an alarming rate and infinitely nicer than the drain cleaner cheaper rums.
                                I might have to get a bottle of Diplomatico just to slow the consumption down.

Comment

Working...
                                X